Sewing 101 * A Make and Take!
PLUS Sewing Machine Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Wednesday, November 12, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Potsdam, NY - RSVP for location and detailed directions.
Learn to sew a re-usable, sturdy tote/grocery bag using your own materials, or from up-cycled
fabric. No previous sewing experience necessary.
Bring your own sewing machine if you have one! We will also learn about
sewing machine maintenance, troubleshooting, and simple repairs so it's good if you have the machine you'll be using.
Presenter Marcia Cox is a part of a network of enthusiastic seamstresses in St. Lawrence
County eager to pass on her knowledge and commitment to utilizing recyclable
materials while creating useful everyday items. She has been teaching sewing
techniques, sewing machine maintenance, and simple repair for twenty years.
* There is an attendance limit on this workshop,
so reserve your space soon!
PLEASE NOTE IN YOUR RSVP *
- For this unique
learning experience, a $22 general public, $40 couple, $10 student donation is requested to
cover overhead expenses and to benefit Local Living Venture non-profit
- Donations can be made by cash or check to "Local Living Venture" and will be collected on site during registration.
Reduced Rate / Scholarships are available upon request.
- Please note that our generous Presenters are volunteers donating
their time to support the Local Living Venture, and this is a major
means of support for our community organization.
1) Whether you will bring a sewing machine with you
or not. (Marcia can bring one for you if not.)
2) Also please note if it is in good repair and can be used that day or
not (Either way is fine but we need to know please.)
3) Please also bring with you if you can pins, scissors, some favorite fabric and a tape measure. Don’t worry if you don’t
have fabric or thread, Marcia has fabric she would
love to share and re-use/recycle.
- Email us
to RSVP for your spot -- reservations are required for the workshop location.
- In order to know how many machines to bring to the session, please note whether you will bring a machine with you AND whether it's in good shape to use or if it needs some "TLC."
- Please include your phone number(s) AND the number in your party and we will forward you all pertinent information. LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com
Please 'Share' this Event Page!
OTHER EVENTS AND RESOURCES
Listings of other upcoming workshops and events can be found on the Workshop Schedule page at www.SustainableLivingProject.net.
Many valuable resources are available at the Local Living Venture web page on the Resources-Links page.
Core Curriculum of Rural Skills
Sustainable Agriculture (grow * eat * preserve), Green Building, Forestry / Healthy Hearth, Renewable Energy, Resourceful Living / Homesteading Skills, and a Locavore Economy
The Local Living Venture (LLV) coordinates near-weekly resourceful Living Skills Workshops promoting traditional rural and simple living skills with the motto "Sharing Knowledge from the Past - Building Skills for the Future."
We are run by full time volunteers coordinating a small staff of people (20 hours a week between 3 people currently) dedicated to sharing with the community. Workshop income is our only source of support aside from generous community donations at this time. We appreciate your support!